Friday, October 26, 2012

Our first time "Glamping"!

Mark had been wanting to go camping for a long time and I thought that sounded slightly horrible given the fact we have two boys under two.  However, he said we could go in his parents RV and slowly that sounded like something I'd be on board with.  I was telling my sister about how we were going to go camping, and she said, "Thats not camping, its glamping." I had no idea what she was talking about so she enlightened me to the new term- glamorous camping.  It was fitting for what we did- and I find the term hilarious. The weekends just kept on coming and going and we knew we'd have to commit if we were going to make it happen so we decided on a weekend and we determined to go.  It ended up being SO fun and we for sure are going to make it a more regular trip for our family.  We had a great time getting away, just the four of us and spending sometime together.  It wasn't the "campfire and s'more" camping that I normally like, but it was perfect for our family right now.  We went to Ruidoso for three days and enjoyed seeing the leaves changing, a little hiking and shopping in the cute town.  

The first day Mark and Brooks came across a couple deer, Brooks wasn't shy at all!  They were very calm deer and hung around while we watched them.  

 The boys and a Baylor Bear.

 Me and my boys- such sweet cuties!

Standard Saturday morning- cinnamon rolls and cartoons.
 Does sitting in a camping chair make it closer to actual camping? 

 Snuggly brothers in their football jams.

The second day we went driving around and looked at the changing leaves- so pretty!


We took a hike in the National Park.  Sadly the place we were going to go hiking burnt down this summer and we were told it won't reopen for 5-10 years!


It was really fun, the trail was smooth enough that we took a stroller and the boys took turns riding in it.  Brooks found a stick early in the hike (the "hardly over a mile hike") which he loved dragging along and hitting pine cones with like a golf club.  Then he would run as fast as he could and "race" either Mark or myself.  He came close to beating me.  Here he is "driving" on the bench and running with Mark- his face was hilarious while they were running- he was just screaming and laughing so hard!

 Little Man Caleb had a good time too!  He is so easy! 

 Here I am with my boys- they are so much fun!

After we went back for naps then headed to the race cars so Brooks could really "drive".
"Butch drive race car!" (Brooks calls himself Butch- and speaks in 3rd person. It's funny.)
 "More drive race car." So I got to go with him- he was all business while driving.  It got the seal of approval from Brooks- a thumbs up!
Caleb was watching all the action- he got a little ride in the motorized car :-)  I love that I only need to take one quick picture of him and he smiles perfectly in it.  I have to take 3134 of Brooks just to try to get one of him smiling.  
And we finished it off with a quick ride in a boat.  Brooks liked squirting the water and they would try to reach me, luckily they were too far away ;-)  

It was a beautiful weekend and we had such a good time getting away as a family.  The boys were great and everything went so smoothly!  We loved seeing the trees change and getting out in nature, even if it was only semi-camping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment