Sunday, December 30, 2012

Thanksgiving in Dallas

This year we spent Thanksgiving with my family in Dallas.   We had a great time not only celebrating Thanksgiving, but also Christmas and my Dad's birthday.  We spent some time playing outside and enjoying the beautiful weather.   Brooks loved riding the tricycle and wearing the "Thomas bike bootball helmet".  He thinks that all helmets are some form of a football helmet (and can't quite say the "f" clearly).
We had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed lots of good food. That evening we celebrated my Dad's birthday.  I would post pictures of that, however my dad was wearing this super silly hat and out of respect for him, I'll just leave those pictures off the blog.   Here are a few of the cousins, and the best group shot we got the entire weekend.  Ava is holding Maggie, then Char, Caleb, Brooks and Beau!
 
Friday morning we woke up and celebrated Christmas!  It was really fun opening presents and watching all the kids get excited.  I wasn't sure what Brooks would do since he hadn't opened presents in so long.  He LOVED seeing what he got and immediately wanted to me to open the item and play with it.  I thought it was so cute how excited he got about each thing he received.  He even tried on his shorts and new shoes.  It must be a toddler thing because my niece put on the undies she got in her stocking ;-)  Caleb loved grabbing the wrapping paper and trying to eat it.  
Caleb is so smiley- it's so easy to get great pictures of him!  If only I could get it when Brooks is looking at the camera too.  All the pics we took of the cousins in matching pj's turned out horrible and everyone was losing it, so here are a few of just our family.  
My mom made this adorable "Carwash" for my boys, it's awesome and I'm sure it will provide them with hours of entertainment in the years to come.  Brooks really likes it and plays in it lots whenever I set it up. We had something similar to this when I was growing up and I remember I loved to play in it, so I'm so glad my boys will have something like it.  

We spent the rest of the weekend playing lots of games, the girls did a little shopping and the boys went to the Baylor v. Tech game (which we won)!  It was a really fun weekend and I loved spending time with my family and having everyone stay together for 3 days.  

No comments:

Post a Comment